Monday, March 4, 2013

My Sonnet



To give a heart yet loose one’s very self

A death; surrender to what cannot be

Alone until that light of promise brings

A troubled soul and body pulled to me


His rich low voice sent tremors to my core

A miracle again to feel at all

Calm now interrupts internal war

A spring to counter never ending fall


Familiar lips can mask a stranger’s eyes

A temporary cure of shattered hearts

In days gone by a heart that solely cries

This time though a fine and abstract art


A warmth replaces empty dreams forlorn

A hope the nightstand fee left in the morn’  

As I've said before, I don't much care for the sonnet format. I still don't really care for it. But after experimenting with it, I have decided that it is a good tool, if nothing else, to assist poetry writers with allowing their writing to flow within a frame; to embody an entire meaning in fourteen lines. I strove to let the format simply be. So this is my result. While it doesn't exactly follow the prompt, I tried to keep it along the lines of butterfly-love...albeit a slightly unconventional kind. Enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment